We are looking for a part-time Development Consultant to join our team!
Job Title: Development Consultant
Reports to: Executive Director
Date: February 2021
Timeframe: Begin immediately, 6-month contract
Compensation: Approximately 15 hrs. per week at $45/hr.
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Please email cover letter, resume and references to [email protected] by March 15
As the Development Consultant, you are responsible for management of fundraising and development for an emerging 501c3 non-profit public health organization. The goal of the position is to help raise $100k for sustainability and growth of The Botanical Bus Farmworker Clinic and Promotora Programs, including operating funds for salaries, supplies, marketing and community outreach.
What You’ll Do
- Actively communicate to potential donors and community leaders our mission, vision, values, programs, goals and positive impact on the community in a compelling way
- Plan and implement fundraising strategies including identifying, cultivating and soliciting potential prospects: individuals, small to medium size foundations, and local businesses
- Develop and maintain a Prospect List
- Write proposals and Letters of Requests to selected foundations and businesses in conjunction with and at the approval of the Executive Director
- Help plan, develop and coordinate key outreach events
- Develop various collateral materials including on-line communications and written appeals that present the organization’s important mission, vision, values, programs and community impact. Coordinate distribution of these materials
- Research new technologies, applications, integrations, processes or best practices that improve our fundraising program.
Who You Are
- Positive – Take initiative to build and expand programs
- Results oriented – Ready to meet deadlines and fundraising goals
- Analytical – Able to evaluate information and determine when action is needed
- Solution oriented – Recognize challenges as opportunities and is an effective problem solver
- Detail oriented – Pay attention to small, important information that helps make up the big picture
- Self-reflective- Acknowledge own’s experience and experiences of other. Adjusts behaviors for success in an inclusive workplace
- Interested in herbal medicine/integrative health care and committed to health equity
Experience You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in non-profit public health, community health services, integrative health and/or social justice sectors
- 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising and development
- 2-4 years’ experience in project management, especially with data migration and/or integration
- Proven ability to monitor and meet income goals
- Positive experience in cultivating and soliciting current and potential donors
- Excellent communication and writing skills
About The Botanical Bus:
The Botanical Bus is a bilingual mobile herb clinic founded in 2017 that empowers holistic health in Latinx and Indigenous communities through culturally relevant, community driven programs. Our programs include a Farmworkers Clinic, Promotora-led wellness workshops, and community medicine gardens.
The Botanical Bus: Bilingual Mobile Herb Clinic changes the paradigm of top-down healthcare, taking community-based action to meet the demands of growing health disparity. Our clinic recognizes the knowledge of the people as an unlimited and invaluable resource, and is driven by the proven success of the self-healing community model, in which holistic health is empowered by the people, for the people.