¼ cup elecampane root
¼ cup echinacea root
¼ cup wild cherry bark
¼ cup grindelia
2 tsp orange peel
1 tsp licorice root
2 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
2 tbs of fresh thyme
½ cup marshmallow root
½ cup mullein leaf
4 cups cold water
2 cups honey
1 cup vodka, brandy or cane alcohol (optional to increase shelf life)
- Combine elecampane, echinacea, wild cherry bark, grindelia, orange peel and licorice with cold water in an uncovered pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow herbs to simmer 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in marshmallow and mullein
- Let steep 1 hour.
- Strain herbs using a cheese cloth or fine wire mesh strainer pressing out all liquid (careful, liquid will likely still be hot!). Discard used herbs in compost.
- Once liquid has cooled to just above room temperature, add honey and stir to incorporate.
- If using vodka, brandy or cane alcohol, add here and stir until well combined.
- Bottle in sterilized glass and refrigerate.
For acute support take 1 T up to 3x daily.